We’re looking for a Production Assistant to be part of our team supporting all around production needs. This person will be responsible for executing multiple tasks along the way from project conception to finalization. This is an excellent opportunity for a go getter to be exposed to and participate in all aspects of production. The Production Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects and must be able to work under pressure at times and handle a wide variety of activities with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Producers and Associate Producers throughout production with generating creative ideas and concepts per project based on information collected during client calls
- Conduct thorough research including background information, assets, media, stock footage, proper permit/licensing, etc. as needed for projects
- Work on external documents as assigned including research, briefing books, presentations, agendas, presentations, as needed
- Assist in field production with managing call sheets, expenses/receipts, supplies and meals, and onsite needs per project
- Transcribing or logging footage as needed
- Assist with daily office tasks such as filing, organizing, coordinating staff meals and coffee, answering phone calls, and general cleaning and upkeep
- Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably specializing in Journalism/Television/Media Production or relevant field.
- Prior experience with an agency, network or production company a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with team members in a collective process
- A basic understanding of the television and/or media production process
- Flexibility and the ability to perform well under stress and deadlines
- Ability to incorporate a problem-solving approach to every area of development, production and post production
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and reliability
This is an office position in our Washington, DC location. Some travel may be required domestically and internationally. Must have a valid driver’s license and be comfortable driving if needed for field production.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Long Story Short embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.