We’re looking for a creative Producer to join our team to take the lead in managing video and other content creation projects from conception to completion. The Producer will work directly with the client and closely with the internal LSS team to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the clients’ satisfaction.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the process to conceptualize the creative and drive the production process from pre production to delivery
- Communicate directly with clients, managing deadlines and expectations
- Collaborate with Editors, Graphic Designers and other Producers to create content deliverables, including schedules, scripts, and storyboards, and event run-of-shows
- Liaise with internal team to ensure the smooth running of logistics, production timelines all while staying within budgets
- Supervise and mentor Associate Producers
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably specializing in Journalism/Television/Media Production or relevant field.
- At least 5 years experience as a producer with an agency, network or production company
- Must have field production experience and a strong understanding of the television and/or media production process
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to be client facing
- Flexible problem solver with the ability to perform well under stress and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic and reliability
This is an office position in our Washington, DC location. Some travel may be required domestically and internationally.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Long Story Short embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.