LSS is looking for a creative Editor to join our team. The Editor is responsible for bringing projects to life through creative storytelling.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Edit video content to turn a variety of footage into seamless video and podcast products for clients under tight deadlines
- Work closely with Producers, Graphic Artists and other production team members to create final product
- Perform all editing work including inserting music, dialogue, natural sound, sound effects
- Audio mixing, color correction, retouching, and VFX
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably specializing in Television/Media or FIlm Production or relevant field
- At least 3 years experience as an editor with proven technical skills using editing programs (Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Audition, etc.)
- Ability to perform basic retouch tasks, sound mixing and photo color grading
- Good understanding of simple motion graphics
- Sound design skills are a plus
- Strong attention to detail as well as strong work ethic and reliability
- Strong organizational skills and file management with an ability to critically think about workflow in a shared project environment
This is an office position in our Washington, DC location.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Long Story Short embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.